CGC Sheetrock® Brand Firecode® C Panels (UL Type C) are available in 12.7 mm (1/2") and 15.9mm (5/8") thicknesses, and feature a specially formulated mineral core that provides superior fire resistance for ceiling applications. These panels feature a noncombustible gypsum core encased in 100% recycled face and back papers that form a high strength composite design. The natural finish paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core and the ends are cut even. The long edges of the panels are tapered, allowing joints to be reinforced and concealed with CGC Sheetrock® or Synko® Brand Interior Finishing Products. The panels are UL Classified for fire resistance and can be used in any UL Design in which Type C panels are listed.
- Specially formulated mineral core provides superior fire resistance for ceiling applications
- Systems using these panels qualify for fire ratings up to 3 hours in ceilings and up to 4 hours in wall and column protection
- Comply with ASTM C1396 specifications for Type X gypsum wallboard
- UL Classification as to fire resistance, surface-burning characteristics and noncombustibility
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as a low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350)