CGC Sheetrock® Brand Firecode® X Panels (UL Type SCX) are the original, most trusted 15.9 mm (5/8") Type X panels on the market, and feature a fire-resistant gypsum core encased in 100% recycled face and back papers that form a high strength composite design. The natural finish face paper is folded around the long edges to reinforce and protect the core and the ends are cut square and even. The long edges of the panels are tapered, allowing joints to be reinforced and concealed with CGC Sheetrock® or Synko® Brand Interior Finishing Products. The panels are UL Classified for fire resistance and can be used in any UL Design in which Type SCX panels are listed.
- Provide additional fire resistance over regular panels
- Superior score and snap for cleaner edges and faster installation
- UL Classification as to fire resistance, surface-burning characteristics and noncombustibility
- Comply with ASTM C1396 specifications for 5/8 in.Type X gypsum wallboard
- Achieved GREENGUARD Gold Certification and qualifies as a low VOC emitting material (meets CA 01350)
- Please note this product is not available for shipping outside of the local Edmonton and Calgary zones. In-Store pick up is also available.