The new 6” Safe’n’Sound® is designed specifically for sound dampening to help prevent noise travelling from one floor to the next providing the peace & quiet you desire.
ROCKWOOL Safe'n'Sound® is a stone wool batt insulation designed for interior wall partitions, floors, and ceilings for wood and steel frame construction where superior fire resistance and acoustical performance is required.
- Easily cut
- Non-combustible with a melting point of approximately 1177°C (2150°F)
- Excellent sound absorbency
- Fire-resistant due to its high melting temperature
- Does not rot or promote the growth of fungi or mildew
- Low moisture sorption
- Water and moisture resistant; does not absorb moisture to maintain insulating value
- Interior wood or steel partition wall
- Interior wood frame floor
- Interior wood frame ceiling
- I-joist interior partition
- Party wall